Emily Wells: Live Looper

Thanks to a last minute Facebook tip from singer/songwriter/live looper Goh Nakamua,
I went to the Crepe Place and caught Emily Wells' set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNWto4xiCcw

Man, she's amazing! She writes really compelling songs, plays beautiful violin and doubles on keyboards, melodica, drums and guitar. Her looping is flawless and she has an amazing sound. There is beauty and funk and soul and pathos in the music and I had a lot of fun dancing to a lot of it as well. One of the bartenders at the Crepe Place told me she had seen many amazing shows there but that she thought this was the single best set she'd seen. I'm inclined to agree.

Literally, one of the very best live looping shows I've ever seen. I'm a huge fan!
Check her out!     She's a very sweet human being on top of it all.

Rick Walker