Re: Re: OT: bi-amping

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM, marcus kirby <marcusloops@gmail.com>
wrote:
> hi and low bands going to separate outs

That's an good approach! Both for getting a good sound and for
fighting feedback on a live stage. When the Mexican guitar duo Rodrigo
y Gabriela played here in Stockholm they had a fantastic sound (!) and
I took a chat with their live audio engineer. He uses 24 channels on
the PA mixer console to separate frequencies in two acoustic guitars!

I have not done much frequency separation directly in instruments but
I do indeed separate different pickups on an electric guitar I have,
an Epihone Ultra Les Paul 2: humbuckers going out through one line and
the Shadow Nanomag "acoustic" mic through a second line. The two rigs
can be blended directly from the guitar by the volume/tone knobs.

With the Chapman Stick I always run each fretboard over its own line.
I don't put different amps at the other part of those two lines, since
I prefer a computer for amplification and processing. However, in the
box the two lines always meet separated and unique processing and I
even play the two virtual effect-boards separated (dual expression
pedal setups etc).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se