Re: New Mac Mini with i5/7

My live concert laptop has the two core i7 and although the CPU speed
in MHz isn't that much higher this processor for me is the final boost
that takes me over the CPU barrier for live performing. For studio
work it is even more bang for the buck if you go for the four core
model - given you are running recording production software that can
take advantage of that.

I do studio productions in the MBP anyway, I just think the two cores
are enough for the work I usually get called for. Only the two core
MBP is available with such a small screen as 13" so for me it was a
no-brainer. Funny that technology now has reached such an advanced
stage that you don't look only at the processing powers when shopping
a computer! Ew... it really wasn't fun back when an overclocked Intel
Celeron was the way to go :-)

Next phase in tech I'm looking forward to is a version of Bidule that
can run multi processor/core code with a clean audio fidelity. Can't
be far away now... On the i7 MBP I'm running the full live shebang on
just one core because it sounds best that way.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com
www.looproom.com internet music hub

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Todd Matthews <gtmatthews@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 4:19 PM, van Sinn <vansinn@post.cybercity.dk>
>> wrote:
>>> So, Apple just released not only an updated lappie, but also, finally,
>>> after
>>> much rumour, an updated Mini.
>>> Comes with core i5 or i7, up to 8GB ram, 500GB drive or 256GB SSD,
>>> Radeon
>>> 6630 graphics, and the usual I/O, like FW800.