From: Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>
Subject: Re: OT: bi-amping
To: "ditch wrestler" <ditchwrestler@yahoo.com>
Cc: "Loopers Delight" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, ditch wrestler wrote:
> So, I'd like experiment with bi-amping, i.e., splitting my double bass' signal between hi- and lo-frequencies and running it into two different amps.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?
This may be ridiculously lo fi,  but what I do in my 'rhythm n' noise'  project  'aEther Engine' is to take a simple
y-chord straight out of my Strat (male 1/4" into Strat,  two female 1/4" out to  two guitar cables;

1) one line going to treble oriented noise/slicin' dicing effects table and then onto a tiny 5 watt, Vox guitar amp and

2) the other line going through bass oriented octaver/noise/slicin' dicin' effects table and then onto a tiny 5 watt
Roland Bass Cube.

I mic each of these amps (and have them up on keyboard stands so that they are at a perfect height for me to walk straight up to them for
controlled feedback effects)  and send the two mic-ed channels through my Looperlative and on into the main P.A.

It works great for me.

I have complete volume control of the two channels by merely controlling the output volume of the little cube amps.

rick walker