Re: Sound vs function - refuting myself

WAIT!  I just remembered!  There is a lap steel sample on
www.asherguitars.com by Steiner Gregertsen, "Heaven Only Knows" (Beach
Boy's song) that sounds tremendous.  I wrote him and asked what amp he
used and it was one of the Line amp modelers.  It was just a modeling of a
black face Fender.  So it COULD be that if you don't use a ton of effects,
if you don't push these boxes too hard, overwhelm the buss with tons of
stuff, they sound good.

I don't know.  Never owned a multi effects gizmo other than the old Ibanex
UE400 and the Ensoniq DP/4.

Wise men say, "Never say never"!  Now I'm eating my own crow!

Richard Sales
Sent from my IPad
www.glasswing.com