Re: Sound vs function

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 8:50 AM, marcus kirby <marcusloops@gmail.com>
wrote:
> The issue is the inability to send each created track out to a specific
> ableton track.

I'm of the opposite attitude in looping; I never run loops through
different outputs in order to post process them. I focus everything on
tone and balance and layer whatever effect processing needed as part
of the loop. My reason for choosing this context is that it allows me
to perform more fluently and also do more cut-up tricks and stuff to
the music. I experience a certain grade of incompatibility between the
two roles "musician" and "re-mixer" so I try to stick with being a
"musician that fakes remix" ;-)

> Do I have to run a separate instance of mobius for each
> track? That seems silly.

No. You go into Mobius "Congiguration > Track Setup" and assign the
plugin's tracks to separate outputs. Then you simply fetch those
separate outputs for inputs to your Ableton Live channel strips (you
know, that pull-down menu inside the input slot)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com