Re: Something I just wanted to share with everyone

Howdy,

 Lots of groups suck. U2 for one, I relly love the way the guitar player,
using echo, turns a fairly simole guitar part into a lovely dense cloud of
sound. When I was with my first band, (soundtech), they had a MXR
flanger/doubler that they said was "the ultimate". I knew better, even
with my total lack of experience. I rigged the band leader's 3 head
reel-to-reel up as an echo. Then I waited fro him to do his "out in the
middle of the dance floor" guitar solo. I slowly brought up the eckho on
his guitar. He started looking perplexed. Pausing, looking down at his
axe, looking around the room, etc. He didn't know WHAT was going on but
his guitar sound was getting bigger!. The next week, we went out and
bought a Roland RE-201. I spent day after day with that machine, playing
guitar through it, not believing the millions of possibilities opening up
to my ears. Later, when I could afford synths, it got even better. Yes,
the Edge in my opinion, truly makes
 some amazing textures with just a guitar and an echo.
Rig