Re: Something I just wanted to share with everyone

Amen....Well said

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Daniel Thomas <danielthomas4@mac.com> wrote:
Thinking about adding my own two cents to this compelling thread when I saw this comment.

With time, our pronouncements get quieter, humbled by the greased pig of truth.

What could be more true?

Were there no paying gigs
Were there no food in the fridge
Were there no laptop with which to explore Looper's Delight
Were there no collection of guitars (or even one guitar with a single broken string)
I would still be making music.  Every day.  Every night.  Until the hands and the ears stop working.  And then, I will find another way.

La Musique, ces ma raison d'etre.  I cannot imagine my life with out her.   Though I am grateful for every $$ made in pursuit of musical disciplines, it is not the dollars the linger after a good performance.  The transformational power of music, the true gift in music, is greatly diminished when we burden the muse with mundane expectation. How many brilliant artists have snuffed their creative fire because they believed it to be at crossed purposes with paying bills and being a responsible person?  /

Music demands much of us.  It is not an easy path.  But the reward, for me anyhow, is incalculable and can never be expressed in currencies.

With great love for all struggling artists
Daniel