Re: livelooping articles for a guitar magazine

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
> I'd be grateful for concrete
> examples, such as the Jaco Pastorius solo with Weatherreport, or was it
>Joni
> Mitchell, where he used a delay pedal to create a rhythmical backdrop.

Two almost mainstream and very simple examples right off the top of my
head:
David Gilmore did something at a well known concert. I think he froze
guitar chords as "pads" and played over them. Brian Mays solo versus a
tape delay is also famous, to be found on an old live recording (I
think it's that old We-Will-Rock-You thing).

I'd like to remind you of an aspect that wasn't mentioned in your
post, the two complementary fundamental ways of using live looping: as
instrument and as loop recorder. These two options can be presented
early in the article to help the reader to a wider perspective and
better understanding of what is presented in the text. I just learned
from doing two public live looping clinics this month how much that
can help a newcomer.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se