Re: the smallest portable hardware keyboard synth

I just saw Alessandro Cortini (formerly of NIN) as part of an improv
trio last week, and the only piece of equipment he used was one of
these:
http://www.teenageengineering.com/now/category/op-1/

The Teenage Engineering OP-1. I'm not quite sure if it's a synth, or a
sampler or both (I think both), but it's a standalone piece of
hardware. About 8 of these would fit inside a MicroKorg.

Despite its small size and keys that are not keys, it seemed to have a
great user interface. The display screen is a touch screen. One of the
things you can do is have it show your sample as a reel to reel tape,
and you can manually "manipulate" the wheels as it goes.

$800 bucks. Currently sold out. Good luck!

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com