Re: A looping fork in the road. Which way do I go?

> (who learned, through your post for the first time, that DC doesn't
>fluctuate it's output regardless of incoming voltage,  thanks!!!)

Regulated power supplies only.  Unregulated can fluctuate with movement of
incoming AC. In the case of the MBPro, the power supply is regulated and
theoretically, should not brown out with fluctuating voltage.  If power
were to go down entirely, then the battery power should take over
seamlessly.  At least, this is what is happening on my MBPro when I cut
the power mid-loop.  No glitch whatsoever.  My sound card is 100% powered
over the FW buss.   Many sound cards require additional power (above and
beyond the FW buss or USB buss power)  In this case, I can imagine
browning voltage causing glitches in the audio stream especially if these
sound card is powered by an unregulated power supply.

> Daniel,  it is quite simple in Windows to figure out what apps turn on
>automatically at boot up, so you can disable them
> if you want to.

> Do you know how to do this on the Mac Book Pro?

Activity monitor (in the utilities directory)  shows currently running
UNIX processes.

http://oreilly.com/pub/a/mac/2005/10/04/activity-monitor.html

Cheers all
Daniel