Re: Re: Looping in a band context/new album spam :)

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Matt Davignon wrote:
> I think it's important to get the looping device to work for your
> band, rather than vice versa. The DL-4 starts out good and modest for
> band applications.
I agree with your assessment but I wanted to say that the only thing
that makes me shy from recommending
the DL-4 right now is the fact that it has no way of retriggering a loop
in a continuous way in case the rest
of the band becomes out of sync with the rest of the band in
non-syncrhronized situations.

The DL-4 only has a retrigger once option which necessitates some tricky
footwork (hitting retrigger/one shot
once,  hitting play/stop once and hitting play/stop again to restart the
loop in time with the band.

I've had to use this technique so many times in the event of failed
synchronization or the complete lack of synchronization
in performance with other musician.

It is specifically for this reason that I added the feature  ReTrigger
Continuous to the new LP-2 Mini Looper
that Bob Amstadt will be releasing shortly .

For $50 more than a DL-4  this looper also has half a dozen features not
found in a looper at this price range.
(including storage of loops onboard,  midi sync I/O,  30 levels of
undo,  feedback control, 1/2,1/4 speeds, reverse,
replace, and Q-replace.