Re: Re: cool Repeater Trick vs LP-1 tricks>scramble redux

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, andy butler wrote:

> huh?
> I was certain that the size of the scrambled chunks
> was fixed to a choice 3 different  values unrelated to loop
> length. Is that new in 1.39?
> ..and unpublicised??

No,  the scramble function has always been arbitrary (with three
different speeds) set to fixed values
since the inception of the LP-1.   It's been one of my favorite 'tricks'
in the LP-1.

There may be plans afoot (hint, hint,  Andy)  to tie the scramble
function to different Q-values so that it
can be more controllable and musical (setting Q value to whatever
integer that one wants to use in deterimining
a 'sub pulse' for a piece of music.

In that same breath ,   a very cool effect is to set one's loop to ,
say,  fast scramble,  and then use the
Sync/Bounce function to send it to a new track.................by
truncating the new track to whatever
length of time one wants,   you have the ability to take a loop and
constrain it to any odd time signature
that your little heart desires.

I'm surprised that more LP-1 users don't use this constraining function.

rick walker