RE: Bill Walkers cool Repeater Trick mp3 Re: electrix

Actually it is rather easy to do similar things with the Electron Octatrack. For example i often set it up to capture 4 16th notes and then use the sequencer to replay these pitch shifted. It would also be possible to "play" the sample via Midi..
Here is an example when a capture a short snippet by using a trigg recorder on the sequencer then playing it back pitch shifted in diffrent amounts (actually the first play back is simultaneous with the notes a play but one octave down), When i like what I hear I take away the trigged recorder and let it loop...

 I think this and the scenes in the octatrack makes it a GREAT tool.. (I have mapped pitch shift to the crossfader which can be heard towards the end of this track when i play harmonics while att the same time pitch shifting on the octa)

So it the octa may not do waht the repaeter did but it does quite e few neat tricks that could be of use fore a creative musician looking beyond the usual looping stuff..

ANders