Re: Looping with a Grand Piano...!

Hey All,

Thanks for the wonderfully kind comments.... Glad that overall, it is meeting with approval from this fine crowd... :)

"The process" was asked about.... - In essence, it's all loops... The differing sounds from the piano are made using 'string method' techniques, popularized by Henry Cowell (but used by many before and after him)... Strumming, muting, striking the strings with (clean) fingers and hands, etc. - Some processing is used (via Ableton - delays, verbs, etc.), and a guitar processor (one of those little 'POD' devices in the case of 2 pieces on the CD) - In a few of the pieces, looped segments are edited together to create the overall arrangement... And in several pieces, it's a 'live' process of building the loops.

Here's a video of track #9 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnwEY3d0o8A

I hope to post a some more videos of the 'live'-built tracks, in coming weeks... (They're 'in the can', but I'm working on several projects this spring that are rather time-consuming in nature, thus several other projects are 'on hold'.)

Again, thanks so much for giving it a listen, and for the feedback. It's truly appreciated. :)

--Ferd

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Jean-Paul De Roover <j.de.roover@gmail.com> wrote:
This is great! I've listened to it 2 times through today at work.

--
Jean-Paul De Roover
www.jeanpaulderoover.com

Check out the brand new video for "You"!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7QnxUgGQPc

--
--Ferd

web: - http://ferdinandmaisel.com