Availability of the LOOPERLATIVE LP-1 was LP1 version 1.39

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, ^|>^m wrote:
> */I just noticed on the website that LP1's are out of stock.  Are they
> still in production? /*
>
> <http://www.looperlative.com/products.php?cat=7>
Theoretically, they still are,  but the cost of each individual unit is
so high that Bob needs
a commitment of at least 12 units to make a future run financially viable.

Right now,   a concerted commitment of 12-15 people to purchase a new
one at $1200 (the lowest price
that makes manufacturing and selling the LP-1 financially viable)  will
make the
unit available again.     For the last several months, there have only
been 3 or 4 calls to purchase a new unit.

If people are interested in buying one,  I would highly suggest that
they get organized and see if they can drum
up 12 loopers to go in on a group buy.   I'd be happy to facilitate such
a campaign if anyone needs help.

Bob is putting all of his financial energy and time, currently, into
getting the LP-2 Mini Looper launched.

Remember folks,  Bob is a 1 person business and the coding and
manufacturing of Looperlative is also
shared with his full time job and the task of running a family of 5.  He
just doesn't have the marketing resources,
the financial resources or the person power to compete with large
companies like Roland, Line 6 and Digitech.
  Andy Butler and myself help when we can but don't have the physical
ability to help out with manufacturing
(Andy's in England,  I'm a technically incompetent).

Given those limitations,  future development of LP-1 software
functionality will still continue (with some cool things in store!) and
more attention will be paid to that  end as soon as the LP-2 is
available on the market.

The sudden, yet protracted death of Bob's father and some technical
glitches have slowed the release of the LP-2 Mini Looper
but he's working very hard on it as we speak.      We are in the final
Beta testing phases, however, so things are looking good.

There is also a distinct possibility that a third Looperlative looper
will be created by Bob that will have a smaller feature set
(probably 4 or 5 tracks, no AUX outs) that is essentially the same as
the LP-1 but realistically speaking, this unit is
several months from any kind of manifestation.   Such a unit would
probably run in the $800-$900 range.

Rick Walker for Looperlative