Re: Looperlative software version stability and Red-House fx

mark francombe wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:02 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
>wrote:
>> This effect was previously known as SUS Record on the EDP
>> and was quite popular a few years back, but seems
>> to have been out of favour for a while.
>
> I had no idea it was out of favour! What a bummer... maybe it explains
> the dodgy looks when I use it?

we can always hope for a revival

> Incidentally Andy, brainfreeze right now, but is it possible to do
> this same effect, but where the SUS (pedal down pedal up) time is
> quantised at the (ths setting (sub-cycle)? Is it just to have SUS
> record on, PLUS quantise and 8ths set?

You mean syncing to incoming midi?
I don't think it'll happen...but it might.
Couldn't hurt to try.

Here's how to make it happen the hard way
if that doesn't work out.

With Incoming Midi clock

MoreLoops=2
SwitchQuant=Cnf
InsertMode=SUS
Sync=In
Quant=8th
8th/cycle= whatever

Method.
1) Record blank loop1 (synced)
2) Hit Next
3) Wait for that sound you want to capture
4) Hit Mult
5) Listen and enjoy, but also hit Next
6) Hit Undo to go back to empty loop1

Unfortunately, while the length of the chunk should
be right it's not possible to Quantise the start point.
Also, midi sync is going to drift...er...probably.

> Ill have to listen to the Red House track, but I know it from old Eno
> things from the late 80s--- forget what right now...

iirc
Music from the Catherine Wheel
David Byrne.

andy