RE: Tuning ethnic instrument

On an oud violin bow rosin works well too to increase the grab of peg in hole.

Hal

From: Jim Goodin [mailto:jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:34 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Tuning ethnic instrument

Mark have experienced similar on my oud.  I use Peg Dope which is a liquid that freezes up the pegs a bit to keep from slipping.  I think the slight variation between pairs can be something about the pegs.  In my case it's a cheap instrument and I suppose the more cash the better QC.  Also in my case it's nylon strings and that's another variable of instability during settling in time.  What does the saz have for strings?

Jim