Re: OT: Upright Bass Pickup?

I vote for Fishman Full Circle. Especially if he uses the bow. Most bass pickups sound much more like a high speed power drill than a bowed string instrument. I struggled for awhile trying to find something that could at least be passable. I still have to use a decent amount of EQ and a touch of verb for me to be happy with the sound of Full circle with the bow. The pickup comes as two bridge  adjusters that you have installed into the bridge.

If he's just plucking and wants something less permanent he could use the Realist which is easily installed under one of the bridge feet. David Gage has a new piezo style pickup the just clips on but I haven't tried it myself.

-Todd Matthews