Re: EDP and Octatrack? How to post-process loops?

Andy: I'm having trouble figuring out how exactly to route everything.

I currently run:
Guitar ->
       Effects-> Aux
       Main out -> Rane Mixer
               EDP -> Aux

My effects are in the AUX of the mackie, spit the outs to the rane, which has the EDP in its AUX. Essentially, run the effects in parallel on my mackie, then run the edp in parallel on my rane.

When I try to run the EDP back into the mackie, all of the samples start getting really muddy, and the stereo -> mono -> stereo doesn't sound good.

I can't figure out a good way of getting the EDP to run parallel of my effects. I need to feed aux1 to aux 2, but that isn't possible.

Anders:

I wouldn't solely be using the octatrack as an effects unit :)

Here's an example of what I want to do:
Send reverse reverb into EDP ->
Spit EDP into Octatrack
         ->add some bit crushing (track a)
         ->send track a to track b, add a filter
         ->send track b (filtered/crushed) to track c (add delay)

Just an example. But, with a sampler, I could sample the EDP loop, add effects, drop the effected loop to a new track, and repeat the process up to eight times....right?

What will allow me to do this?