EDP and Octatrack? How to post-process loops?

I am currently running guitar-> effects -> EDP.

I would like to further post-process the loops though, and I'm wondering if another EDP + more effects would be the way to go, or should I get a sampler?

Guitar -> Effects -> EDP -> Effects -> EDP
or
Guitar -> Effects -> EDP -> Octatrack

If I had the octatrack, I could sample the loop and process it from there. Ideally, I'd like to use the octatrack to act as a multi-track sampler. I don't know if it would be more cost efficient than another EDP + pedals.

Anyone have suggestions?