Galactic Travels Playlist #732 for April 14, 2011.

http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2011/110414.html

Galactic Travels is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that
airs each Thursday at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem,
PA, 93.9 FM in Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 93.7 FM in Fogelsville
and Trexlertown, and webcasting on the internet.  WDIY also broadcasts
in Digital HD at 88.1 FM.

                 Show #732                April 14, 2011.

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on Ombient.  The Featured
CD at Midnight was "The Wheel Turns" which is self-released.

I also played music by artists who will be playing upcoming area
concerts at The Gathering and at the Soundscapes Concert Series.  See
details at the events page.

Ombient: http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2011/focus.html#apr
Events: http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/events.html

PLAYLIST:

11:04 pm
ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Kevin Braheny        Starflight 1 *       Galaxies (Hearts of Space)
Jeffrey Koepper      Synchronous          Radiate (Ricochet Dream)
Vic Hennegan         I Walk Alone         Desert God (Space for Music)
M. Peck              A Cognitive Chaos    Glacial (Gears of Sand)
Mystified            21, 22, 23           Tribute to Forbidden Planet
                                             (Roil Noise)
Markus Reuter and    Of Praise and        The Sun Is Just the Sun, But
   Zero Ohms            Motionless Skies     the Stars They Call the
                                             Heavens (DiNDDL)
Sensitive Chaos      Meditation           Meditation Modulation
                        Modulation           Manipulation (Ping Things)
                        Manipulation

12:00 am
ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Ombient              The Wheel Turns      The Wheel Turns (none)
Ombient              And Despair          The Wheel Turns (none)
Ombient              Enshroud             The Wheel Turns (none)

1:00 am

  * = excerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)
++ = Advance CDR from Artist
-- = Background music under interview

NEXT SHOW:
On the next Galactic Travels, I'll continue the month-long focus on
Ombient.  The Featured CD at Midnight will be "Rite of Passage" which is
a self-released title.

Bill
Host of Galactic Travels, an electronic, ambient, and space music show,
Thursdays at 11:04 pm EDT/GMT-4 on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and
Bethlehem, 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg, and on 93.7 FM in
Trexlertown and Fogelsville.  WDIY also broadcasts in HD Digital Radio
on 88.1 FM.
Galactic Travels web site: http://galactictravels.info
Listen to WDIY on-line.