RE: well ableton live is pretty cool, isn't it!

I'm with you Simeon. I'm a big fan of Ableton too especially with Max for live  - that really explodes the possibilities available. Shame about the colck issues though. Have you emailed them with your problem?

Peace

Gareth@Sentientfx -  Innovative music plugins. http://sentientfx.com/

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:43:52 +0100
Subject: well ableton live is pretty cool, isn't it!
From: simeonharris40@googlemail.com
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

hello, my name is simeon and i'm a mobius user....

tried hosting in mainstage 2...ugh...terrible cpu usage...crippled my whole machine

tried bidule...wonderful bit of software, but had some issues with cpu and memory and boy, it's just so ugly

now i'm using ableton - stable, pretty to look at and good with cpu!

downside - rubbish with incoming clock. had to ditch nearly all the third party plugins i was using and make new effects using ableton's own ones.

upside - clips! wow! terrific - i can send midi controller data to filters and loop it in sync, or send midi commands to mobius (shuffle track two every 4 bars while overdubbing on track three, anybody?!). oh and fire off a drum loop or two... :)

hoorah!

now to finish recording my album and stop messing about with all this software...!