Re: OT: Nuspirit Helsinki Love Bossa

Thanks Rick, it's really wonderful to have your informed and dare I say erudite analysis.

It's funny how the ear and brain works. I hadn't noticed how the same bass riff repeats itself through the piece. My ear was elsewhere.

As for mixed modes, I think what it brings to the music is tension. It may be may be a happy accident in much electronica, but I like how different scales and modes sound on top of each other. Those differences layered on top of each other with a frenetic beat are exciting.

--
Art Simon
simart@gmail.com