Re: OT Fretless makers

An even better approach may be gluing a thin layer of trespa to the
board; I've heard some say it's the best material, superceeding ebony
and epoxy coatings.

Trespa is made of layers of a cardboard-like material, bonded with
heat/pressure into a very hard material.  It can be processed/sanded.
Only the phenylic filled, pressure treated/compressed wood used by Zon
basses should be better.

I haven't tried it myself, but have an urge, so some sunny day.. ;)

BTW, if having problems gluing on (still oil filled) fretboards, try
contacting Gorilla Glue; I've heard they have a product which should
bond well to oily surfaces.

/van

--
rgds,