Re: Re: ADK Pro Audio PC VS MacBook Pro

Rick,

Not all of us (N.B. Per, especially) are talking about this
anecdotally; my computer use musically has come about from my use of
the technology in the day job and with over 20 years of watching
hardware/software failures for common multi-purpose tasks, an
evidential picture starts to emerge. That's one of the reasons why we
have to be careful HOW we state what is perceived as opinions (and why
I disagree with Stephen on what he said to Per and about this
discussion).

It's pretty clear that you got one of the less common lemons with your
Mac and I am truly sorry...it DOES happen. But it is also a signal
lesson on purchasing gear: if you're going to live on the bleeding
edge, you have to be willing to be the beta tester. And THAT can be an
expensive place to be. That's true whether it's a PC or Mac hardware,
an radically new automobile design or a new looper from Roland
(thinking back to all the hand-wringing when the first RC-50 came out,
my own included!).

It's a crap shoot.

Best,

Dennis