Re: Re: ADK Pro Audio PC VS MacBook Pro

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Stephen Goodman wrote:
> Don't take it personally Per but when you make generalized statements
> expect a rebuttal from people who know differently.
Dear Stephen,

I actually probably agree with your take on this subject more than I do
Per's take on it,  but the reason I do
is because I have anecdotal experience with the subject (and because I
have some anger about having
bought a somewhat lemon model of a very expensive laptop
computer.....one that has been vastly improved
in future iterations).

There are compelling reasons why WIN machines fail and cause heartache
(security, viruses, occasional lack of quality
control and compatibility between programs and 3rd party hardware and on
and on).  There are compelling reasons why
MACs have dissimilar but nonetheless irritating reasons for avoidance
(overpriced, lack of easy tweakability, less access
to 3rd party improvements and on an on)

Consequently, on some levels, I believe that all of our experiences with
gear is anecdotal, so
it's informative to hear different people's take on the subject.

Which ones' solutions we chose have to do as much with us as it does
about the hardware or software or OS.

Personally,  it gets my goat when people get really smug about equipment
but, in this case,
I know Per really well and he has worked intensely with most systems out
there in the world
as both a musician and as also a professional music journalist
(interviewing artists and
writing intensive gear reviews) and I believe, he commands respect for
his rigor and his intelligence
in writing about it.

I respect your conclusions about which OS to use and, in the same
breath,  I also
respect Per's.

My vote is for mutual respect in a discussion like this.

with respect,   Rick Walker