Re: Re: ADK Pro Audio PC VS MacBook Pro

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Andy Owens wrote:
> Never been a Mac user, been thinking on it, but a question. Why get a
>souped up Mac and then only run windows on it for music? Seems the ease
>of operation blah blah all the Mac hype kind of goes out the window here.
>Why not spend half as much, get a killer souped up PC laptop and run Win
>7?
TigerDirect just sent me an advert:

A Samsung Pentium i7 quad core 1.62ghz laptop, 15.6" screen,  4 gigs of
DDR3 Ram,  650g HD,
NVIDIA GeForce, 330m graphics card with 1 gig of memory, a Samsung 3dr
Sound system
  with Windows 7 Premium 64 bit installed

all for $789 USD.

All I'm sayin' is, if I had the dough, I'd buy:
                                    one for audio (no internet connection)
                                    one to clone your audio setup and
then run your video, only, on it
                                             (connect that sucker with a
small partition for email and downloading)
                                    a really nice video projector
                                    a really nice portable projection
screen
                                    and a couple of botique stomp box
pedals for shits and giggles

and still have money saved because you didn't buy the top of the line
MacBook Pro

All respect to my Mac only friends.

rick walker