Re: Video Echoplex Patch - How Does Memory Works ?

boost wrote:

> what we need is info of how the memory works in the echoplex.

That's a very big question ;-)

> there are some info in the user's guide in the
> overdub-feedback-undo-multiply sections, but i'm sure you guys have been
> talking about that a lot of times !!!
> it seems that the echoplex write memory "for the future"
> after a rec or a multiply , it seems to me that the echoplex is writing
> another cycle in the memory after the rec-end or mult-end.

No, it never writes more than one sample at a time as the
audio sample comes in.
That's a limitation of the technology.
(well,it's  a block of 64 samples actually, but it's safe
  to ignore that for your purposes)

The EDP loops each have a certain amount of memory available.
The active loop works it's way through the whole of that memory,
leaving a history that can be accessed with Undo.

How Multiply works depends on how the EDP parameters are set.

> i'd be happy if someone could bring some more information about that.
> sorry for my english, i's difficult for me to talk about
> technical-abstract stuff with this language :)

If you're really specific about what you need to know
for syncing the video I may be able to help.

all the best

andy butler