Re: Before we Looped

Rick said...

> Great to see you playing live, Mark.

Thnx...

> Sounds great and you were rocking a very cool look at that time!

Ahhh, but heres the OTHER side of the same story... I just uploaded...

http://www.youtube.com/user/markfrancombe#p/a/u/0/lUn8L9g2xxw

This MTV appearance was very important to our career, it was filmed in
Amsterdam's Paradiso, and was recorded on 24 track mobile truck (I
think they just released that whole gig now??)
Anyway, we went on a short tour of Holland to "warm up" for this
show.. ok ... rehearse (we we´rnt very good at rehearsing, too many
auguments, to much time wasted, so we "practiced on tour".
This little film is my "on the road movie!" We were pretty improv back
then, but in a NON-rehearsed way. In this movie, you will see us
figuring out a track in the dressing-room, then I fade it into the MTV
footage of us playing the same track...

> This is a ways back innit?     Your drummer doesn't have the front head
>on
> his
> kick drum and he's playing a simmons trigger pad.........whoa!!!!!!!!!

The Simmons pads were pretty old even then, check out the really cool
single note bass he plays on one track (the track was called Dada 441)
I think its the second song on this film... but yes it was a long time
ago.. 20 years infact!!! 1991
I wouldnt know about the bassdrum head thing.. is that a particularly
80´s ting.. I know it was a HUGE Gretch drum...

Anyway... enjoy it.. its pretty  noisy...

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com