Re: Why does mainstream seem more like , downstream these days?

On Feb 15, 2011, at 12:59 PM, <nemoguitt@aol.com> wrote:

> why, do you think,
> that people want their music with words?

Wow, good question, in Bluegrass music the banjo players will tell you
it's just something to stick in between the leads so they can rest a
minute!!!

But in reality, in my world, singer songwriter story song kind of world
(when I aint makin shit up!!!) it would seem to be a way to connect. Take
Doc Watson (his new bio great!!) when he started he amazed people with his
guitar playing but what really endeared him and gave him a lifelong career
was his singing and talking style to the audience. Guess what, there is a
Doc clone under every tree, passing him way up, but what no one can clone
or copy? Doc's singing, his true self coming out on stage and recordings.

Also think of it as chicken or egg, do people like singing, or do they
like people that sing???

Andy ver. O