Re: Music and performance (WAS: Why does mainstream seem more like,downstream these days?)

As an improviser I'm not as worried about the process of writing down
the composition that I'm playing. If there were such a process, it
would probably be rare that I'd take advantage of it. ..because the
next time I play, I'd want to make something up again.

But, over time I do start remembering melodies, key clusters, and how
to get certain unique sounds.

What used to be writing music is now recording music for me. With my
handy flash recorder, I collect several hours per year of recordings.
I can then go through them and save the 10-20% that are worth hearing
again. About half of those wind up getting released on CD.

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com