Re: What is the absolutely Per?

Per Boysen wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:20 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
>wrote:
>> Per,
>> would it be useful to you to have the LG have the following?
>>
>> The ability within it's streams of commands to wait for a particular
>midi
>> note before continuing.
>> andy
>

> As I understand it you first press a LG switch to send a MIDI note on
> (or some other event) but this MIDI note on is not sent until you use
> some other MIDI controller to send another (or the same) MIDI note on
> to the LG.

Near enough... basically you're saying you have no use for *any* complex
stream of
commands from the LG.

In software, though, you'd use a Midi Note from the Ewi to trigger a
sequence?

Xavier tells me he just received his Mac, so the mac editor
is one big step nearer to reality.
afaik he's working on the next "big upgrade" which will fully
use the hardware improvements of the LG2 over the LG1.

I think Xavier's pretty much committed to coming up with the
goods for inventive musicians like Mark.

Mark says
> Im not sure either that the solution we have figured out is quite what
> I had in mind, although it does open up lots of possibilities... I
> really want to just set a series of commands to be played in synch
> with my loopers, and this seems very EDP specific, basing it, as it
> does on those rather obscure midi notes that are send on bar and beat.
> If thats the only way, then OK.. but maybe it needs some more thought.

Yes, I don't like the edp specific part.
..but I'm thinking there's other uses *not* to
do with Quantise, and they could relate to anyone
using a midi instrument with a hardware setup.

best regards andy