Re: was Soft Step real feedback please Cumbus

"Oud Cumbus" describes it well,
but it would be called "Cumbus" (pronounced joombush).

Invented in Turkey just after Attaturk came to power as a
new instrument for a new country.

Oud Banjo might also be an appropriate term.
(sticking to the common convention of

I'd always thought the "long necked one" was a
Cumbus Saz  (Tar isn't common in Turkey, but saz
is ubiquitous).

andy