Re: Soft Step real feedback please

Jeff,
This is exactly how I use the softstep. It works great for me. Only looping issues I'm having are actually with Mobius freakin out on me :) Softstep is rock solid performance for me in stand alone mode. I have made 4 live looping videos with this setup already (about 1 a week) and just started working on my 5th which are proof that it works in the real world. I've never been more productive. The last time I programmed the softstep was around 3 weeks ago when the latest software came out and since then the softstep has been connected to the midi expander and then from there to the midi in of my audio interface. At this part in the chain it is no different then me plugging the fcb1010 into the midi in of my audio interface.

And no I don't work for KMI, although as a current high school teacher any extra employment would be warmly welcomed! :)

There are definitely some major issues with the softstep but this ain't oneofem

-Todd Matthews

On Feb 9, 2011, at 4:37 PM, Jeff Larson wrote:

[andy]
> So the question actually is
> "Is it a Midi controller?"
> (usb only is a "usb controller using midi commands" )

Right, from what I've heard the answer is no.   It was designed
to be usable as a standalone MIDI controller, here's a video
of the little "MIDI Expander" box/kludge that is allegedly sending
MIDI notes to something.

But I have not heard of anyone outside of company videos that has used
this successfully.  The last I heard they were "working hard on it".

Jeff