Re: SoftStep vs 1010 vs Boss vs Gordius

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Christopher Darrow <thedarrow@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'd give my left nut for an Easy button.

Reading all this talk about the Gordius pedal "being deep" and
"advanced" I have to admit that I actually do not use anything at all
of that "deep functionality". On the contrary I enjoy the fact that
Gordius can be used dirt simple. I just set it up with a note number
on each switch. Since a bank has ten switches I skip over the note
number "0" and start with Note 1 (C#-1). This gives that Bank 1 offers
Note 1-10, Bank 2 offers Note 11-20 and so on. Can't be simpler,
really! Music software usually allows for binding functions to any
MIDI Note and with this system I can use my LG2 with many different
software rigs. Once I set my Gordius up I will never have to touch its
programming again. That's why I'm not too crazy about the Mac editor
either. I can take three bloody hours on my sons gaming PC just to set
up my Gordius properly and save a back up to a USB stick.

To me something like the Gordius being able to scale a MIDI CC# output
(maybe from an expression pedal) is a "non argument" because I do all
scaling on the receiving end, in Mainstage where the MIDI comes in. I
really am a non-power-user of the Gordius pedal and  like it because
it can be simple.

Maybe Xavier should start selling the LG2 set up with note numbers as
default? Like a plug-n-play MIDI pedalboard. Or put up editor files on
the site for users to read in this and other setups?

Per