Re: Eventide. Was: NOrd

i owned an eclipse and i now have an axefx ultra. to say that it's "a suped-up pod with some eventide-ish effects." is a mistake. have you listened to the clips on the fractalaudio website? no, it's not a competitor for the 8000, but it stacks up well against the eclipse and it ten times easier to program with the software editor.

"they have their own way of doing things over there in new jersey and there's a certain sound that i've yet to see anybody replicate". this is true. the eclipse does have a certain sound which the axefx doesn't replicate, but the axefx is quite neutral and is very capable of duplicating a lot of the signature eventide sounds.

as for the amp modeling side...i used tube amps for over 20 years and my last rig used a mesa triaxis with the 20/20, 2:fifty and 2:90 poweramps. the axefx is a different paradigm, for sure, and some guys never fully trust it (all the modelers we've had in the past have been pretty lame, so it's not surprising), but again...listen to the clips and i can tell you...yes, it FEELS like a tube amp (well...70 tube amps, actually)

sim