Re: Eventide. Was: NOrd

Not even the Axe-Fx Ultra? I was afraid that could be an Eventide killer.

- i'm not sure that such a critter exists.  the axe-fx looks to me more like a suped-up pod with some eventide-ish effects.  they have their own way of doing things over there in new jersey and there's a certain sound that i've yet to see anybody replicate.  it's not just what the effects do but the way they do them.  and as far as i can tell they're years ahead of anybody else, particularly with pitch shifting.

Meanwhile, I think the Harmonizer(tm) team has shrunk quite a bit (Nick may be the only one left), so I'm not surprised that response is slow.

- too bad.  i don't even know what a data logger is...i have no idea what other things eventide does.  i always imagined a bunch of music nerds building dope boxes but apparently it's a bit beyond that ; )

Sadly, I think the typical audience wouldn't know the difference in sound
quality, so for live performance I think you can get away with just about any
gear.

- true, but it's not for them that i do what i do.

mb-808 looks cool, btw.

- jim