Re: Re: Rick's percussion post

Ok bro,something still intrigues me though,in Antwerp after my show
you said to me that my performance was nice but you wish i hadnt use
canned loops,then you realized after seeing my video that i had done
it all myself and you were amazed.
Which tell me that the musical end result from the rhytmic perspective
was now only acepted because i had done it with my mouth.
Yet you really liked Margaret Nobles performance but she used analog
grooves coming from the Jomox drum machine to accompany her looping.

Soooo my question is:
 if i use a drum machine should it only be strange and abstract for it
to be accepted by loopers?
should loopers not use drum machine grooves even if u program them
yourself?
should a drum machine be only used for production but not for live looping?
should a drum machine better stay home and be banned for live looping?
should we not use the midi sync functions from looping devices like
the EDP and Mobius to operate with groove boxes?
should loopers be not allowed to dance?
shoulkd we egg this scientlogy guy for using a drum machine live and
never let him into our loopers cult?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3_gwIOTGI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4yt3rH6lcQ&feature=related