http://vimeo.com/16034181

While I'm at it, I played virtually at ImprovFriday last eve along with fellow looper and bandmate Steve Moyes. Here is my set. The audio starts at 4:25 into the vid. I haven't edited it yet....I am using a laptop running Soundplant 39 at the beginning loaded with music box samples and some voice stuff that I had my computer read for the show.... http://justin.tv/jeffduke/b/278075340

peace out.

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 3:27 AM, Gareth Whittock <buddhamachine@live.co.uk> wrote:
Jeff Duke posted a stunning ambient piece several months back. I was under the impression it was the M13. I can remember thinking at the time how on earth basically 4 fx pedals produced all that lovely noise..

Peace

From: mark@grubmah.com
Subject: Re: m13 - m9
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 22:39:32 -0800
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

On Jan 22, 2011, at 2:51 PM, Gareth Whittock wrote:

I'm thinking of getting one of these for psychedelic/ambient textures, (in combination with laptop looping and special effects).
I'm currently using Guitar rig 4 for this.

What's the verdict guys? Pro's and cons?

Very nice delays. The other effects are reasonably good but not that psychedelic/ambient. Some interesting material in the filter models -- e.g., random filters -- that might be interesting piped into a good delay, but you would probably want to set this up on a parallel effects loop which it isn't really set up to do. The Octo and Particle Verb reverbs are interesting but not stunning.

For ambience, I would probably check out the Eventide Pitchfactor and Space pedals, but I haven't actually played with them.

I'm coming to more deeply appreciate the Korg AM8000R again. Step modulated phaser into pitch shifter with feedback into a fairly dense delay makes for a great ambient background. (I can thank Mark Landman for having programmed this stuff in before I bought mine from him. I probably wouldn't have discovered it otherwise.) I actually like it so much, I have two. However, I'm really only using one so I'm thinking I should sell the second one. You have to be willing to deal with a rack processor, but it's a stunning source of creative ambiences.

Mark