Re: Introductin & naive questions

On Jan 22, 2011, at 8:31 AM, Rainer Straschill wrote:
[using Möbius/FCB1010]: Would it be easy to do those things?
The short answer is: it depends how you define "easy".

The first thing (immediately going from record to overdub) - yes, that's very easy.
Möbius (like the EDP) offers independent "Record" and "Overdub" commands - so, you start recording with "record", and at the end of your loop hit either "record" (to end the loop and go to playback) or "overdub" (to end the loop and go directly to overdub).
The second one: there's a setting which is named something like "AutoRecord when NextLoop" which, when activated, does exactly this. (@Jeff: I think details have changed w/ version 1.43, so you might want to chime in here).

That doesn't sound too bad, if it is just a matter of choosing a command from a menu.
What about on hardware loopers? Do most? some? few? offer these features?

Ah, Ed, btw: the developer of Möbius, Jeff Larson, is also active on this list.

That is great. I can see there are some very knowledgeable people here. BTW is there any tutorial or manual anywhere online for Mobius? It is pretty daunting.

Other things to consider:
  b) you did think about proper audio/MIDI interface for the computer? (just asking, because from your message alone, it's hard to judge how experienced you are w/ computer live audio).

Yes, good point. It depends on what you mean by experienced. :-) As you can see I'm very new to looping but I have some experience with audio/midi in a home recording studio environment. I've seen discussion about midi sync and so on but I have no experience with it as far as looping goes. I can only imagine it is a good thing.

I have a Firepod & 828mkII for audio (1x1 midi) and an MTPav for midi, but I'd like to get a small portable interface as I'm going for a set up that I can carry. I am using the latest versions of Logic and Digital Performer. I haven't delved into Main Stage yet. I just acquired the three Nanos from Korg: Kontrol, Key, Pad.
Thank you.