Re: Worth getting iPod touch for Live Looping only?

Jeff you mentioned that and I sort of glossed over earlier but now thinking of it more focused, partly after spent a lot of energy with Mobius this past weekend (guess I am back again, know I've been a revolving door with it but the recent script discussion was quite interesting as I alluded earlier).  Maybe I should write you off-list about this as it sounds like it might be an interesting option for me to explore re control.

Thx for rementioning.

Jim

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Jeff Larson <jeff.larson@sailpoint.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 4:59 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
> My bet is that the iPad will stay as the useful multi touch screen
> control surface it already has proven to be. Then you need some hidden
> away computer that does the actual processing. The wireless OSC based
> connection is very useful with the iPad but right now there are no
> looping software that supports OSC right of the bat.

FWIW, the 1.43 release of Mobius supports OSC and I have a few templates
for use with TouchOSC.  You have to program it in XML though, there
is no nice user interface.

Jeff

--
From Brooklyn To Glindran, a new World/Free Jazz recording by Jim Goodin & Peter Thörn.  Proceeds
from the sale of this CD will benefit JDRF International.  jimgoodinpeterthorn.bandcamp.com.

woodandwiremusic.wordpress.com