Re: Re: Worth getting iPod touch for Live Looping only?

Per wrote:
> My bet is that the iPad will stay as the useful multi touch screen
> control surface it already has proven to be. Then you need some hidden
> away computer that does the actual processing. The wireless OSC based
> connection is very useful with the iPad but right now there are no
> looping software that supports OSC right of the bat.

I'm beta testing looper Hans Lindauer's invention,  'the Missing Link'
which is a wireless OSC to Midi converter designed, specifically
to allow an iTouch/Phone/Pad to control any midi instrument,
remotely and will solve, in one fell swoop, the problem Per mentions
about support in
looping software (or hardware)

I was hoping to control my LP-1 at NAMM with my iTouch but I got
so sick before the show I just didn't have time to get it all working
but it DOES work (I saw Hans at the show).

So this is very exciting to me:   Particularly because the way I loop
is to play multiple tracks (and frequently multiple instruments)
and then in the 2nd half of my performance I play producer and
dub-maestro,  manipulating the tracks with effects and the use
of loop manipulation that the LP-1 is so good at.

To be able to do this in a more 'performance' mode,  in other words,
not so tethered to the hardware device or looking down at
pedals (the 'shoegazer' effect) which using the app 'touchOSC'
would allow one to do with an iTouch (the only one I own)
is great.

Additionally and saliently cool is the fact that you can program all
of the accelerometer action of the iTouch to control midi instruments.

How cool is that?

rick walker