Re: Is the new Stalin African-American?

?Neither I nor my English wife had any trouble at all traveling in and out
of the US last year.  On the last leg home through Jacksonville and
Atlanta
our carry-on goods got looked at by TSA folks, with little delay.  We had
the laptop, and stuff I'd gotten in the US like the GR3/GR20, and my
transparent-blue Steinberger Synapse (delightfully carry-on).  The male
inspectors really loved looking over the guitar, but I didn't feel delayed
or threatened in any way.  When we were checking our luggage I got the
question about the Synapse: "Is that a firearm?"  I had thought up a lot
of
lines to cast forth during being intrusively searched but the searching
never happened, and I didn't see anyone else being pulled aside.

I can assume therefore that it's possibly the attitude one displays during
the go-through that might make all the difference, and most likely has an
effect on further trips through the security go-throughs.  Make enough of
an
indignant stink about it and there's little doubt there will be a note
made
about it.  Additionally, visiting a prisoner in Guantanamo would seem to
by
default require some sort of more-than-regular inspection.  This should
not
be a surprise, and I'd be interested to hear any non-third-party stories
LD
members have about such difficulties.