Re: New from Vox - NAMM visitors, please check this out!

Rainer Straschill wrote:
> andy butler schrieb:
>> http://www.voxamps.com/pedals/vdl1/
> Now, you obviously picked the hottest new looper from the batch (sorry,
> Bob, but I think it is):
>
>  From the description and the demos, I see the highlights as having:
>    a) both a pre-loop and a post-loop effect (the latter can be
>resampled)
>    b) undo AND redo
>    c) fading loop stop mode
>    d) two independent tracks

The resampling *seems* to be a way of doing Multiply.
(In which case I too have to say I suspect it beats the LP2...sorry Rick,
but that resample
 with the crazy fx is waaay cool)

Also, I note that  "Volume" is one of the post process options.
...coupled with resample that's suspiciously like feedback control.

Some other nice things it has
1) Loop in Loop.....which is a kind of stutter
2) Stutter which is a hard tremolo
3) cross-fade to Reversed loop via pedal ( I *really* like that one )
4) A sub-octave ( almost an essential for a guitar looper)

As usual, we await to see if it's actually as usable as we'd hope.

Price in UK is £199 (not in stock).

if only it was the "most powerful compact looper ever"

andy