Re: EchoLoop vs mobius

[andy]
> > > The way Mobius handles memory is different to the EDP/Echoloop
> > > at a very fundamental level, so it could never have been an
> > > accurate emulation...

[Jeff]
> > Well, I wouldn't say "could never have been" but certainly "would have
> > been difficult" or even "could have been but why" :)

[andy]
> should have said "would never have been"
> how's that?
> (because out of the possibilities available for growing the
> software the EDP emulator was a very poor option in  terms of effort
> required versus client satisfaction)

Right.  I want to make sure it's understood that my half joking "could
have been but why" comment didn't mean I thought the EDP approach to
managing memory was faulty in some way, it's actually quite a briliant
and elegant way to manage a limited amount of memory in an embedded
application.

It's just that given the luxury of unlimited virtual memory on a PC,
it was much easier for me to do it a different way.  That was good for
some things, not so good for others.

Jeff