Re: RIP Mick Karn

I just got a letter from Debi Zornes, that I thought I would share with you all. Debi was a close friend of  Mick Karn, his business partner the last several  years, and the person who contacted me in 2005 about playing with him. Having those two tours fall through was a major let down for me as Rick alluded to. I always held out a glimmer of hope that the opportunity might arise again.
Bill

Dear Bill

Thank you for your lovely email and of course I remember you.

Yes it was heartbreaking that those shows never came to fruition and even more sad that we were on our way to organising some live shows when Mick was diagnosed at the end of May last year and we had to abandon that to focus on him and getting him treatment.  I hoped with all my heart that he would come through this and would be up on the stage one day again where he so wanted to be.  I feel incredibly sad that never happened, but more sad to have lost my best friend.

Appreciate your kind words.

Love Debi x