Re: another mobius question - a new one!

Ok, I'll try this. Posted it on Jeff's forum, but apart from one user
who confirmed the behaviour but was at a loss as to the "why", no
replies - here goes:
"I have the following in mind:
A script that when activated (i.e. I click a button), starts to play
subcycles alternatingly forward and backward.

On an example: let's say I have a loop with 8thpercycle=4 and the voice
"One Two Three Four" in it.
The result would be "enO Two eerhT Four".

The script should also toggle - meaning one click on the button would
turn that mode on, another click would turn it off.

Ok, I tried this:
!name autrev
Variable global PartRevActive

# toggle state
if PartRevActive == true
set PartRevActive false
else
set PartRevActive true
endif

# the actual function
while PartRevActive == true
slipforward
reverse
wait subcycle
reverse
slipforward
wait subcycle
next
end

So the turn on/off (section "toggle state") seems to work. However, the
function itself produces only "deterministic chaos". Any ideas where I
went wrong?

Rainer "

--
http://moinlabs.de