Re: loop windowing in mobius

It sounds like TrimEnd may work here, but I wanted to
"close the loop" so to speak on the Shuffle discussion...

> 3) (This I dont know) So that ONE hit will always loop the
> granule you are in right now, and continue FROM that point.
> (Instead of always starting at the start of the loop)

This script will divide the loop into "slices" equal
to the current subcycle length, then create a new layer
containing repetitions of just the current subcycle.  Each
time you run it will reshuffle the original layer and create
a new layer containing the next subcycle.  When you reach the
end it wraps back to the first subcycle.

Jeff

!autoload
!name Subcycle Sequence

# Variable containing the current 'slice' in the sequence
Variable global currentSlice -1

# The number of slices will be the number of subcycles times cycles
# so the resulting slice will be equal to one subcycle
Variable slices subCycleCount * cycleCount

if currentSlice == -1
   # first time here, make a shuffle pattern with
   # the current subcycle
   set currentSlice subCycleNumber + (subCycleCount * cycleNumber)

else
   # we've already done the shuffle, undo back to the original layer
   Undo

   # calculate the next slice
   set currentSlice currentSlice + 1
   if currentSlice >= slices
      # wrap around to the beginning
      set currentSlice 0
   endif
endif

Message Shuffling $currentSlice slice out of $slices

# slice it up and start playing the selected slice
Shuffle slices currentSlice