Re: Re: (re)-discovering your gear that sits on your board (bossslicer)

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Dustbunnies wrote:
> My next experiment was going to be to add a multi-effect into the
>feedback
> loop, between Unit 2's output and Unit 1's second input.  So you could
>then
> apply other effects (pitchshift, bit-reduction, or maybe yet another
>delay!)
> to the Susoverdubbed parts before printing them back onto the original
>loop.
>
> Unfortunately, never had the time to implement that last part....
Oh, this is SUCH a juicy idea.

Shit,   bad GAS coming on...................because of you I'm probably
going to have to
go out and buy two DD-20s (and they're pricey, aren't they).

This makes me think:   wouldn't it be hip to have a side chain in your
effects
whose wet volume could be controlled in an on/off way by
a non-latched pedal so you could glitch processing in and out.

I imagine this might be simply done by merely circuit bending a
typical A/B loop pedal (so that you could plug in a controlling
non-latch pedal)

In a way, that's what I was going for in the Walker Manual Glitch Box
(which is controlled by four momentary (edp styled) buttons that
allow one to glitch between two audio states.

1) button pushed       =  (audio in,  pink noise, white noise or silence)
2) button not pushed = (audio in , pink noise, white noise or silence)

(then, parenthetically,   each state can be controlled in real time with
Volume, Frequency Range,  Q)

Glitching with one hand (with either finger drum or guitar hammer on
techniques)
and controlling the timbre with the other hand.

By the way,   Bill Putnam will be bringing me a new, very compact box
with a powerful
processor in it this week so we can see if we can get this concept into a
much smaller footprint (though I love how industrially sized the
prototype is).

Who knows......we might be able to make it commercially available at
some point.
Don't hold your breath, but I'm suddenly optimistic.